Looking for a simple dinner idea you can make in advance? Pop these low FODMAP sticky ribs in your slow cooker and come home to a dinner you're excited to eat!
So, a few years ago, my husband and I got a smoker. Every weekend we smoke up the street with ribs, and chickens, and fishies! While everything tastes delicious, it can take hours and hours to make. And it leaves me with a huge hankering for ribs for the rest of the year.
While these low FODMAP sticky ribs are a little different than the styles I've posted before, they're absolutely delicious!
All you have to do is sprinkle on the rub, dump everything in your slow cooker and walk away, which is my favourite way to cook. Once everything is toasty, just boil down the juice into a tasty BBQ sauce and throw it under your broiler. You'll have finger-lickin' ribs in less time that it takes to throw together your sides!
Keep it FODMAP friendly
These low FODMAP sticky ribs are super easy to make! And the best part is, none of the ingredients will add anything notable to your FODMAP load! So feel free to dig into this tasty dish with abandon (from a FODMAP perspective of course)!
Pick your sidekick!
Spoiler alert, these low FODMAP sticky ribs don't have any notable FODMAPs, so feel free to dig in (from a FODMAP perspective, of course)!
Fructose = 0
Lactose = 0
Fructan = 0
GOS = 0
Polyol = 0
Want to try this tasty recipe? Don't forget to save it for later!
These low FODMAP sticky ribs will be a weeknight favourite in no time!
- 2 racks pork back ribs
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup low salt soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Remove the membrane from your ribs and cut each rack in half (so they fit in your slow cooker).
- Combine the cayenne, ginger, paprika, and salt together in a small bowl and rub the mixture all over your ribs. Pop the ribs in your slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix until the brown sugar has dissolved. Pour the sauce over the ribs in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 – 10 hours.
- Once the ribs are done, preheat your broiler for 10 minutes. While the broiler is preheating, strain the liquid from your slow cooker into a large frying pan (discard the fat). Boil the sauce for about 10 minutes to thicken it up, then brush it over the ribs.
- Stick the ribs on a baking sheet lined with foil and broil until the ribs begin to sizzle. Serve warm.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1/3 rack of ribs per sitting
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours 10 min
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
Keywords: Low FODMAP Sticky Ribs, Low FODMAP Slow Cooker Ribs, Slow Cooker Sticky Ribs
If you like this post, don't forget to share it! Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!
PS Want access to bonus content, VIP discounts, and some fabulous freebies? Sign up for my mailing list below and you'll get all these goodies and more sent directly to your inbox!
You might also like one of these:
- Low FODMAP Memphis Dry Ribs Looking for an epic BBQ recipe? These easy low FODMAP Memphis dry ribs will make you the talk of your block!
- Low FODMAP Greek Salad Looking for a light and healthy side dish idea? This quick and easy low FODMAP Greek salad is the perfect way to add a fresh pop of flavour to your day
- Low FODMAP Beef Tenderloin With a rich, savoury flavour, even your pickiest eaters will come back for seconds of this easy beef tenderloin
If you like this post don't forget to share it! Follow me on YouTube @flipyourleaf for a ton of videos on understanding FODMAPs, IBS mechanics, and how to feel safe in your body. Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!