Looking for a fancy-pants dinner for the holiday season? This epic low FODMAP beef tenderloin will rock your stockings!
Every year, my husband and I go winter camping in Northern Ontario with his cousins. We blast around on snowmobiles, ski across frozen lakes, and spend our nights hopping between the sauna and polar bear swims! It's one of my favourite family traditions!
Check out my ice hole (it wasn't quite people-sized, yet)! Also, that corkscrew thing is called an ice auger. Coincidence? I think not!
Every year, my husband's parents gift our camping crew a beef tenderloin to BBQ. There's something about sitting in a log cabin wearing long johns, snow pants, and every sweater you own digging into a roast beef dinner that is absolutely magic! It helps, of course, that my husband is a legit grill master.
I know a lot of us have had to put our holiday traditions on hold this year. So I'd love to share this ridiculously easy beef tenderloin recipe with you and your family this holiday season!
Beef tenderloin is great for fancy-pants dinners because you can easily size it up or down depending on how many people will be at your table.
Your local butcher can easily cut a roast down to size for you, especially if you call them in advance. For your information, you typically budget half a pound of beef (about 8 oz) per person. I usually do a little more because my husband is an actual giant.
Pick your sidekick!
Does your beef tenderloin need a partner in crime? Try pairing it with these easy low FODMAP green beans, these epic low FODMAP smashed potatoes, or these savoury low FODMAP roasted oyster mushrooms!
Want to know the best part about this easy low FODMAP beef tenderloin? If you use Fody's low FODMAP steak spice, this recipe has no notable FODMAPs! That means you can dig into this savoury dish without adding anything to your FODMAP load (yaaaaas!!).
Fructose = 0
Lactose = 0
Fructan = 0
GOS = 0
Polyol = 0
Want to try this tasty recipe? Don't forget to save it for later!
Low FODMAP Beef Tenderloin
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Even your pickiest eaters will come back for seconds of this tasty low FODMAP beef tenderloin!
- 2 lb beef tenderloin (1/2 lb per person)
- 1/4 cup low FODMAP steak spice
- Rub your tenderloin with steak spice and let it stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. If the tail end of your tenderloin is significantly skinnier, fold it underneath the roast and wrap it with butchers twine.
- Preheat your BBQ to about 325° F. Once the burner has reached temperature, turn off one of the side burners. Place your roast on the burner that is OFF and cook for 40 – 45 minutes, turning the roast occasionally to cook each side (keep the lid closed as much as possible).
- Once the thickest part of the roast has reached 125° F, scoot your roast over to the burner that is still on and turn the burner up to high heat. With the lid open, grill your roast for another 8 – 10 minutes or until it looks slightly charred and has reached the level of doneness you prefer.
- Once your roast is cooked, transfer it onto a baking sheet and cover lightly with foil. Let the roast rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Recommended low FODMAP serving, 1/2 lb (8 oz) of beef per sitting
When covering your roast, treat the tinfoil like a tent, not a sleeping bag!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: dinner, holiday
- Method: BBQ, grill
- Serving Size: 1/2 lb beef
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 616 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 64 g
- Cholesterol: 144 mg
Keywords: BBQ beef tenderloin, beef tenderloin, low FODMAP beef tenderloin
You might also like one of these:
- Low FODMAP Roast Chicken Looking for a savoury dinner idea? Made with a homemade brine and a delicious herb rub, you're going to crave this chicken all year long!
- Low FODMAP Rosemary Pork Tenderloin Served with savoury oyster mushrooms and creamy polenta, this easy rosemary pork tenderloin can go from your fridge to your plate in just 30 minutes!
- Low FODMAP Salmon with Roasted Lemon Need a healthy dinner that's ready in under 30 minutes? This easy low FODMAP salmon with roasted lemons will be a weeknight favourite in no time!
If you like this post, don't forget to share it! Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!