Looking for a travel-friendly lunch that will actually keep you full? You're going to love these low FODMAP sweet potato bacon wraps!
Keep it FODMAP friendly
There are only three things you need to think about for these low FODMAP sweet potato bacon wraps.
First up, avocados. According to Monash University, avocado is low FODMAP in servings of 1/8 avocado (30 g) per servings. Servings of 1/4 avocado (45 g) are high in the polyol sorbitol.
We'll be using 1/4 serving of avocado to make our avocado sauce, which works out to one serving of avocado.
Next up, sweet potatoes. According to the Monash app, sweet potatoes are low FODMAP in servings of 1/2 a cup (75 g) per sitting. Servings of 2/3 cups (100 g) or more are high in the polyol mannitol.
We'll be using 1/4 cup of sweet potato, which works out to 38 g per serving. This is is well within Monash's recommended range.
Worried that's too many FODMAPs? No worries, friend! Monash has measured the recommended serving sizes in their app so you have room to combine them. Most FODMAP-trained specialists recommend sticking to 1.5 servings of each FODMAP group per sitting and we're right on the mark!
Last but not least, wraps. I like to use brown rice wraps. Brown rice has no detectable FODMAPs, so these won't add anything to your FODMAP load. If you can't find brown rice wraps, you can try a wheat wrap (try to keep it to the same serving as wheat bread which is 24 g). Or, you can use a lettuce wrap if you have one handy.
Brown rice wraps can be a little stiff when you're using them, so warm it up in a dry frying pan or in the microwave before adding your ingredients to prevent cracking. Once it's in place it will hold it's shape without cracking too badly, even if it cools back down.
Pick your sidekick!
Think your wrap looks lonely? Try pairing it with some low FODMAP potato chips, these tasty low FODMAP potato wedges, or a simple low FODMAP garden salad.
You are what you eat! Check out the notes below to see how many servings of each FODMAP group are in one of these sweet potato bacon wraps.
Fructose = 0
Lactose = 0
Fructan = 0
GOS = 0
Polyol = 1.5
Want to try this tasty recipe? Don't forget to save it for later!
Low FODMAP Sweet Potato Bacon Wrap
- Total Time: 30 min
- Yield: 1 wrap 1x
Packed with healthy fats, fibre, and protein, these east low FODMAP sweet potato wraps will help you power through any day!
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 sweet potato, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1/8 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- splash of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 10″ brown rice tortilla
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- Cook your bacon as per the package instructions, then take the bacon out and let it rest on a plate lined with a paper towel. Drain out most of the grease, but leave enough in the pan to cook your sweet potato (about 1 tbsp worth).
- Add the sweet potato to the frying pan and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until the potatoes are nice and tender (about 8 minutes). Once cooked, transfer to the bacon plate to cool.
- Mash the avocado and feta cheese together in a small bowl, then add the lemon juice, dill, and a pinch of salt and pepper and give it a stir.
- Lay your tortilla on a plate and place one strip of bacon in the center. Top with your mixed greens and a spoonful of avocado sauce, then sprinkle with your sweet potato pieces and the final piece of bacon. Wrap up your tortilla and dig in!
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 wrap per sitting
These wraps can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours for an easy make-ahead lunch idea!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: lunch, dinner
Keywords: low FODMAP sweet potato wrap, low FODMAP sweet potato bacon wrap, gluten-free sweet potato bacon wrap
If you like this post, don't forget to share it! Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!
PS Want access to bonus content, VIP discounts, and some fabulous freebies? Sign up for my mailing list below and you'll get all these goodies and more sent directly to your inbox!
You might also like one of these:
- Low FODMAP Chicken Caesar Wrap Looking for a tasty lunch that travels? Whether you're crushing it at work or having a quiet lunch at home, this chicken caesar wrap will make lunch a little easier!
- Low FODMAP Breakfast Burrito Looking for a savoury breakfast idea? These tasty breakfast burritos are the perfect breakfast on-the-go!
- Low FODMAP Maple Bacon Salad Unleash your inner foodie with this deceptively easy maple bacon salad! Made with fresh greens and candied bacon, you're sure to be the envy of your lunch table!
If you like this post don't forget to share it! Follow me on Instagram @fodmapformula for more FODMAP-friendly tips and recipes! Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!