Looking for a classic cookie to curb your sugar cravings? Try these easy low FODMAP sugar cookies. Use whatever cookie cutter you have on hand to enjoy these tasty treats all year long!
These low FODMAP sugar cookies have a sweet, clean flavour you're going to love! If you're not into super-sweet treats, leave your cookies naked to tone down the sugar rush. If you're not quite sweet enough, drizzle or dip your cookies in royal icing for a festive flair!
Keep it FODMAP friendly
These low FODMAP sugar cookies are light on ingredients, so they're easy to keep low FODMAP.
To keep these low FODMAP sugar cookies FODMAP friendly, make sure you use gluten-free flour. Remember, unless you have celiac disease, you're avoiding the FODMAP fructan, not the gluten itself.
Wondering how many FODMAPs are in these easy low FODMAP sugar cookies? Check out the notes below to see how many servings of each FODMAP group are in two of these sugar cookies.
Lactose = 0
Fructan = 0
GOS = 0
Polyol = 0
Think these low FODMAP sugar cookies sound great, but you don't have time to try them now? You can PIN THIS POST for later.Print
Looking for a delicious treat to curb your sugar cravings? Try these low FODMAP sugar cookies! Use whatever cookie cutter you have on hand to enjoy these sweet treats all year long.
- 2 cups low FODMAP all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lg egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 lg egg white
- 1/4 cup water
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix on medium-high until they become light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat until they are fully incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture in small batches. Continue to beat until combined. Then divide the dough in half and make two discs. Wrap each disc with plastic wrap and put them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line two rimmed baking trays with parchment paper. Remove one disc from the freezer and allow it to thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- Line your counter top with parchment paper and place a second piece of parchment paper over the dough to roll it out. When the dough is 1/8″ thick, using a floured cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake one tray at a time for 12 minutes, turning the tray at the half-way mark (6 minutes). Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Combine icing sugar and egg white in a large bowl using a mixer on low speed. Add a little less than 1/4 cup of water and mix icing on medium-high until the icing forms long ribbons on the surface of the bowl (8-10 minutes). Then reduce mixer to low speed and mix for one more minute to remove all the bubbles. If you're adding food colouring, add it now.
- To decorate cookies, either dip the cookies in the icing or pipe it on using a piping bag and a small piping tip.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 2 cookies per sitting
If you notice bubbles forming on the cookies, tap the tray a few times on the oven rack to settle them during baking.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 24 g
- Sodium: 129 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg
Keywords: sugar cookies, cut out cookies, gluten-free sugar cookies, gluten-free cut out cookies
These low FODMAP sugar cookies will curb your sugar cravings all year long. If you like this recipe, make sure to sign up for my mailing list below. You'll get new recipes and articles delivered right to your inbox.
Want for more low FODMAP inspiration? Follow me on Pinterest for more great FODMAP friendly ideas. Together we'll get the Low FODMAP Diet down to a science!