Want to satisfy your sweet tooth without tempting your willpower? This easy peasy low FODMAP vanilla ice cream makes 1-2 servings!
I loooove ice cream! But every time I buy it unless I eat it in the car on the way home, my husband demolishes it by the time I head back to the freezer.
This isn't good for his health, our wallets, or our interpersonal relationship. So I've started making ice cream for one! *Boom*
That's right! I cracked the code to a single serving of vanilla goodness! So if you're looking for a small treat when the mood strikes, you're practicing portion control, or you have to save your partner (and your ice cream) from themselves, this sweet treat is the perfect solution!
Now that I know how easy it is to make mouthwatering ice cream, my head is packed with creamy, delicious ideas! So get your beaters ready, friend! There's probably more low FODMAP ice cream headed your way!
Keep it FODMAP friendly
This single serve low FODMAP ice cream arrived just in time for summer! Check out the notes below for tips on keeping this recipe FODMAP friendly!
If you're in the elimination phase of the low FODMAP program, you'll need to use lactose-free milk and condensed milk.
For my North American peeps, both Lactantia and Natrel have lacotse-free lines that go up to 35% (woot!).
Lactose-free sweetened condensed milk can be harder to come by. I know Nestle's carnation line has a lactose-free product, but I haven't seen it in Toronto, yet.
Don't panic, friend! Making your own sweetened condensed milk is super easy! I like this recipe from George Eats. This recipe (as well as any opened can of condensed milk) should last you about 2 weeks in the fridge. So plan your baking/ice cream schedule accordingly!
Last but not least, vanilla. According to Monash Universtiy, vanilla only contains trace amounts of FODMAPs, so it won't add anything to your FODMAP load.
Pick your sidekick
Not into ice cream nudity? No worries! Deck out your cone with sprinkles, jam, fresh fruit, or low FODMAP berry compotes!
Or serve it up as this tantalizing low FODMAP banana split, these dangerously easy low FODMAP lava cakes, or with some cinnamon and toast with fresh berries (hang tight! This recipe is coming soon!!).
Want to know a secret about this tasty vanilla ice cream? It has no FODMAPs! That means you can add this tasty treat to all your favourite cones, floats, and sweet treats without adding anything to your FODMAP load!
- Fructose = 0
- Lactose = 0
- Fructan = 0
- GOS = 0
- Polyol = 0
Grab a bowl, cone, or your favourite spoon! This easy low FODMAP vanilla ice cream is the perfect summer treat!
- 1/2 cup lactose-free heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lactose-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pour the cream into a medium bowl or the bottom of a stand mixer and whip until stiff peaks begin to form.
- In a small measuring cup or bowl, combine the condensed milk and vanilla, then gently fold them into the whipped cream using a wooden spoon or spatula. Place the ice cream in an airtight container and freeze for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream per sitting
I like to put whatever container I use in a ziplock bag. It keeps the ice cream nice and soft and helps prevent freezer burn
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 70 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
Keywords: easy vanilla ice cream, no egg vanilla ice cream, lactose-free vanilla ice cream, three ingredient vanilla ice cream, mo machine vanilla ice cream
If you like this post, don't forget to share it! Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!
PS Want access to bonus content, VIP discounts, and some fabulous freebies? Sign up for my mailing list below, and you'll get all these goodies and more sent directly to your inbox!
You might also like one of these:
- Low FODMAP Chocolate Gelato This mouthwatering dessert is the perfect way to beat the summer heat. Made with FODMAP friendly dark chocolate squares, it’s rich, bold flavour will leave you licking your fingers.
- Low FODMAP Mint-Berry Frozen Yogurt Looking for a fun way to stay cool this summer? Packed with bold flavours, this mint berry ice cream will rock your socks!
- Low FODMAP Peanut Butter Cups Satisfy your chocolate cravings with these quick and easy peanut butter cups! These rich little treats will keep your taste buds and your tummy happy.