Looking for a savoury dinner you can make in 20 minutes? Tossed in a homemade cream sauce and topped with melted cheese, this low FODMAP skillet gnocchi will have even your pickiest eaters coming back for seconds!
I cannot say enough good things about this cheesy skillet gnocchi! It’s made with a handful of ingredients, it’s made in one pan, it can travel from your fridge to your face in 20 minutes, and it tastes incredible! Enough said, right?
Seriously, this recipe is packed with a rich, savoury flavour you’d expect from a high-class restaurant. But it won’t cost you an arm and a leg, and you can totally eat it in your pyjamas!
So if you’re feeling a little gourmet this evening, this easy low FODMAP skillet gnocchi is where it’s at!
Keep it FODMAP friendly
Looking for a dinner fit for a foodie? This easy low FODMAP skillet gnocchi is in it to win it! Check out the notes below for tips on keeping this recipe FODMAP friendly.
First up, gnocchi! If you're in the elimination phase of the program, you'll need to use gluten-free gnocchi. Gnocchi is made from potatoes, not flour, so gluten-free varieties are pretty easy to track down. You can find gluten-free brands in many large grocery stores like Whole Foods, Walmart, Metro, etc.
Remember, unless you have celiac disease, you're managing the FODMAP fructan in wheat, not gluten itself.
Next up, cream. If you're in the elimination phase, you'll also need to use lactose-free cream. For my North American peeps, both Lactantia and Nielson have lactose-free lines that go up to 35%.
We'll also be using gruyere cheese. Gruyere is a soft form of swiss cheese often used for fondus (um, yum!). According to the Monash app, gruyere only has trace amounts of FODMAPs. So you can feel free to add a little extra without mucking up your FODMAP load.
If you can't find gruyere, you can swap it out for pizza mozzarella. But I highly recommend scoping out the cheese aisle for the good stuff! Even if you have to *gasp* ask someone to help you find it (#introvertsunite).
Last but not least, chives. According to Monash, chives don't have any detectable FODMAPs. So you can garnish this dish with a flourish if that's your fancy!
If you make this recipe, don't forget to tag me on Instagram @fodmapformula so I can see your creations!
Wondering how this easy skillet gnocchi stacks up? Check out the notes below to see how many servings of each FODMAP group are in 3/4 cup of this recipe.
Lactose = 0
Fructan = 0
GOS = 0
Polyol = 0
Pick your sidekick
This skillet gnocchi is pretty rich, so you might want to pair it up with something lighter to help keep you full without overloading your digestive system.
Want to try this quick and easy low FODMAP skillet gnocchi? Don't forget to PIN THIS POST for later!Print
Looking for a hearty dinner that's ready in a flash? Your whole family will fall in love with the creamy taste of this low FODMAP skillet gnocchi!
- 17 oz low FODMAP potato gnocchi, cooked
- 1 cup lactose-free cream, 10%
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, shaved or cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, minced
- Preheat your broiler on HIGH for 5-10 minutes.
- Cook your gnocchi according to the package directions and reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Set the pasta and water aside.
- Place the cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in an ovenproof skillet and gently simmer over medium heat until it thickens (about 5-8 minutes). Stir in the pasta and add a few splashes of pasta water to thin out the cream.
- Top the pasta with gruyere cheese and broil until golden (about 3 – 4 minutes). Remove the skillet from the oven and top with fresh chives. Enjoy!
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 3/4 cup per sitting
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: italian
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 596 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
Keywords: skillet gnocchi, stovetop gnocchi, low FODMAP gnocchi
This low FODMAP skillet gnocchi will earn a place on your comfort food menu in no time! If you like this recipe, don't forget to share it! Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!
P.S. Want access to bonus content, VIP discounts, and some fabulous freebies? Sign up for my mailing list below, and you'll get all these goodies and more sent directly to your inbox!
You might also like one of these dinner recipes:
- Low FODMAP Mushroom Linguini With a rich, creamy sauce and a bright pop of citrus, this easy low FODMAP mushroom linguini will be a family favourite in no time!
- Low FODMAP Baked Ziti Curb your comfort food cravings with this delicious baked ziti! Packed with rich, savoury flavour, it will be a family favourite in no time!
- Low FODMAP Chicken Pot Pie With a few simple tweaks, this low FODMAP chicken pot pie will keep your taste buds and your tummy happy all winter long!