Calling all my choco-holics! This low FODMAP chocolate hazelnut mousse is dangerously easy to make!!
If you have an insatiable sweet tooth (I obviously know nothing about that, so don't even ask me), brace your tastebuds for a FODMAP-miracle!
This chocolate hazelnut mousse is so light and fluffy it evaporates in your mouth, leaving behind a decadent hint of chocolate, hazelnuts, and literal magic!
Pair this sweet treat with fresh low FODMAP berries, your favourite low FODMAP cookies, or just eat it out of the mixing bowl (no judgement!!)! You will not be disappointed, promise!
Keep it FODMAP friendly
This low FODMAP chocolate hazelnut mousse is so good, you'll forget it's low FODMAP! Check out the notes below for tips on keeping this recipe FODMAP friendly!
Heads up, this recipe only has three ingredients, so there aren't a ton of things to look out for.
First, if you're in the elimination phase of the low FODMAP diet, you'll need to use lactose-free cream. For my North American peeps, both Nielson and Lactantia have lactose-free lines that go up to 35%.
We'll also be using my quick and easy low FODMAP chocolate hazelnut spread. This recipe uses a mix of hazelnuts and hazelnut oil, dark chocolate, and sugar to make all your low FODMAP Nutella dreams come true!
Heads up, I've used my chocolate hazelnut spread recipe to calculate the FODMAP math. So if you use something else, don't forget to update your math!
You can find more specific FODMAP notes about my chocolate hazelnut spread in my original post.
Can't wait to try this dreamy low FODMAP chocolate hazelnut mousse? Check out the notes below to see how many servings of each FODMAP group are in 3/4 cup of mousse.
Fructose = 0
Lactose = 0.3
Fructan = 0.1
GOS = 0.5
Polyol = 0
Want to try this tasty recipe? Don't forget to save it for later!
This decadent low FODMAP chocolate hazelnut mousse is what sweet dreams are made of!
- 2 cups lactose-free whipping cream
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup low FODMAP chocolate hazelnut spread
- Combine the whipping cream and the sugar in a large mixing bowl, or in the base of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form (about 3-5 minutes).
- Fold in the hazelnut spread with a rubber spatula until it's completely blended in, then divide the mousse into 4 serving glasses.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 3/4 cup mousse per sitting
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: american, french
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 551
- Sugar: 22 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Fat: 46 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Low FODMAP chocolate hazelnut mousse
You might also like one of these:
- Low FODMAP Vanilla Ice Cream Satisfy your sweet tooth without tempting your willpower! This easy peasy low FODMAP vanilla ice cream makes 1-2 servings!
- Low FODMAP Salted Caramel Cupcakes Ready for a dessert that’s dressed to impressed? With the perfect blend of sweet and salty, these easy low FODMAP salted caramel cupcakes will rock your socks!
- Low FODMAP Mini Black Forest Cakes Looking for a show-stopping dessert idea? These low FODMAP mini black forest cakes will hit you right in the sweet spot!
If you like this post, don't forget to share it! Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!