This warm potato salad is what savoury dreams are made of! Whether you’re gearing up for the holiday season, or you’re looking for the perfect sidekick for the big game, this recipe is a winner!
I’m a huge fan of basic meat and potato dishes. So it’s no surprise that I’m in love with this low FODMAP warm potato salad. Tossed in creamy rosemary dressing and packed with tasty bacon bits and fresh green onions, I’m pretty confident you’ll fall in love too.
This recipe gets a lot of use at our house because it’s so easy to scale up and down. Whether we’re having a quiet night in or hosting our annual holiday dinner, this recipe is ready to roll!
Plus, you can make this recipe up to 6 hours in advance. Just warm it up, and you’re good to go!
Keep It FODMAP Friendly
This low FODMAP warm potato salad is the savoury side dish you’ve been waiting for! Check out the notes below for tips on keeping this recipe FODMAP friendly.
First up, potatoes. According to Monash Univerisity, potatoes don’t have any detectable FODMAPs. This means you can eat as many potatoes as you’d like without adding to your FODMAP load. But, potatoes do have a fair amount of fibre, so don’t go wild!
This recipe also calls for low FODMAP mayonnaise. In case you didn’t know, mayonnaise is made from whipping eggs and oil. Eggs and oil don’t have any FODMAPs, but, many companies add high FODMAP ingredients like onion and garlic to their products to make them taste better after living on a shelf for months. So, remember to check the ingredients for sneaky FODMAPs before you buy.
We’ll also be using lemon juice. According to Monash, lemon juice is low FODMAP in servings of 1/2 a cup (125 g) per sitting. Servings of 3/4 cup (187 g) or more are high in the FODMAP fructan.
Our potato salad uses 1 + 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice total. This works out to 5.9 g per serving, which is well within Monash’s recommended range.
Next up, green onions. Monash has determined the green part of a green onion doesn’t have any FODMAPs, so you can adjust the number of green onions to your taste without adding to your FODMAP load.
Last but not least, bacon! Since bacon is a protein, it doesn’t have any FODMAPs. But many companies add high FODMAP ingredients like honey and garlic and onion to enhance their flavour. Make sure to check the ingredients for any sneaky FODMAPs, and you’re good to go!
Want to know how this low FODMAP warm potato salad stacks up? Check out the notes below to find out how many servings of each FODMAP group are in this low FODMAP potato salad.
Fructose = 0
Lactose = 0
Fructan = 0.04
GOS = 0
Polyol = 0
Pick your headliner
Want to try this easy low FODMAP warm potato salad? Don’t forget to PIN THIS RECIPE for later!Print
This low FODMAP warm potato salad is the savoury side dish you’ve been waiting for!
- 2 lbs mini potatoes
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup low FODMAP mayonnaise
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp green onions – green part only, diced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- pinch salt
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook your potatoes until they’re soft. Once cooked, drain the potatoes, cut them in half, and transfer them to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and pat it dry with a paper towel to remove excess grease, then crumble the bacon into a small bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, rosemary, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Scoop the dressing over the potatoes and toss until the potatoes are coated evenly. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1/2 cup
This recipe can be made up to 6 hours in advance
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 175
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 68
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 10
Keywords: potato salad, warm potato salad, potato salad with rosemary, boiled potatoes, Thanksgiving, Christmas, game day
This low FODMAP warm potato salad is the perfect savoury side dish! If you like this recipe, don’t forget to share it! Together we’ll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!
P.S. Want access to bonus content, VIP discounts, and some fabulous freebies? Sign up for my mailing list below, and you’ll get all these goodies and more sent directly to your inbox!
You might also like one of these side dishes:
- Low FODMAP Dill and Lemon Potatoes Worried about managing your FODMAP load this holiday season? These low FODMAP dill and lemon potatoes will add a ton of flavour, without all the FODMAPs.
- Low FODMAP Twice Baked Potatoes Stuffed with savoury bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and FODMAP friendly chives, these twice-baked potatoes are the perfect sidekick for any meat and potatoes dish.
- Low FODMAP Maple Bacon Salad Unleash your inner foodie with this deceptively easy maple bacon salad! Made with fresh greens and candied bacon, you’re sure to be the envy of your lunch table!