Give your holiday side dishes a shake with these easy low FODMAP smashed potatoes! With a crispy texture and a rich, savoury flavour, these little boops will be a family favourite in no time!
While I'm a huge fan of mashed potatoes, they're a pain in the butt to make in small batches.
Since we're skipping the Agur holiday extravaganza this year, I decided to try something a little different for our teeny tiny holiday table.
These adorable smashed potatoes are super tasty! Made with a drizzle of garlic infused oil and lots of cheese, they're the perfect savoury sidekick for whatever you're serving this holiday!
Plus, they get mega bonus points for being quick and easy to make. Just boil your tots and smush them with a fork or a potato masher and pop them under your broiler to get nice and crispy!
There are lots of ways to play with these, so feel free to have some fun! Don't forget to tag me on Instagram @fodmapformula so I can see your creations!
As if they weren't magic enough, these low FODMAP smashed potatoes don't have any detectable FODMAPs! That means you can pack your plate with these savoury morsels without adding anything to your FODMAP load!
Fructose = 0
Lactose = 0
Fructan = 0
GOS = 0
Polyol = 0
Pick your headliner
Need some potato inspiration? Try pairing these tasty smashed potatoes with this easy low FODMAP rosemary pork tenderloin, this crazy delicious low FODMAP roasted chicken, or this quick and easy low FODMAP pan-fried steak!
Want to try this tasty recipe? Don't forget to save it for later!
These savoury low FODMAP smashed potatoes are the perfect sidekick for all your favourite meat and potatoes dishes!
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, diced
- Put your potatoes in a pot with a pinch of salt and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender (about 20-25 minutes).
- Preheat your broiler
- Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel (careful, they're hot!!). Place the dried potatoes in a bowl along with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss the potatoes to coat them evenly and transfer them to the baking sheet.
- Lightly smash each potato with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Then sprinkle them with parmesan cheese and broil until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are getting crispy (about 10 – 15 minutes). Top with a sprinkle of fresh chives and serve warm.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 4 smashed potatoes
- Category: side dish
- Method: boiling, broiling
- Serving Size: 4 potatoes
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 147 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: low FODMAP smashed potatoes, smashed potatoes with parmesan cheese
You might also like one of these:
- Low FODMAP “Garlic” Mashed Potatoes Looking for a savoury side-dish? Don't let the name fool you! Made with low FODMAP garlic-infused butter, these mashed potatoes are so good you'll forget they're low FODMAP!
- Low FODMAP Scalloped Potatoes These easy low FODMAP scalloped potatoes are the perfect sidekick for any meat and potatoes dish!
- Low FODMAP Mushroom Risotto With a rich, creamy texture and a deep, savoury flavour, this easy mushroom risotto will be the talk of your table!
If you like this post, don't forget to share it! Together we'll get the low FODMAP diet down to a science!