Prepare to be spellbound by these light and fluffy low FODMAP sorting hat cupcakes!
- 2 cups low FODMAP flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 lg egg
- 1 cup lactose-free milk, 2%
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 4 tbsp low FODMAP eggnog
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp rum extract
- pinch salt
- food colouring gel (red, blue, yellow, and green)
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Pop the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl and whisk for 20
seconds to combine.
- Add the egg to a small bowl and gently whisk to break the yolk. Add the milk and
the vegetable oil and whisk again to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the
well and quickly whisk until the batter is just moistened.
- Divide the batter between each muffin well and bake for 20-23 minutes (or until a
toothpick comes out clean). Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.
- Pop your butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until fluffy (4 minutes).
Slowly add your icing sugar as you continue to mix on low speed.
- While the beaters are still going, slowly add the eggnog, followed by the
nutmeg, rum extract, and salt. Once everything has been added, bring your
mixer to medium-high and beet until the icing is light and creamy (about 2
minutes). You can add additional icing sugar or eggnog to adjust the
- Take out 1 cup of icing and divide it between 4 bowls. Tint each of the bowls
using your food colouring (red, yellow, blue, and green)
- Using a teaspoon, hollow out a small pocket the centre of each cupcake. Fill
the pockets with coloured icing (3 cupcakes per colour – unless you have a
house favourite!). Put the remaining icing into a piping bag and generously
pipe the frosting onto your cupcakes using your favourite piping tip! Bite into
your cupcake to be sorted into your rightful house!
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 cupcake per sitting
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: Low FODMAP sorting hat cookies, gluten-free sorting hat cookies, harry potter cupcakes, harry potter sorting hat cupcakes