Brace your taste buds! This quick and easy low FODMAP rhubarb curd is about to rock your socks!
- 365 g fresh rhubarb – trimmed, cut into 1” chunks
- 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2–3 drops red food colouring (optional)
- Pop the rhubarb and water in a blender or food processer and blend until it’s very smooth.
- Pour the puree through a sieve into a saucepan. Push on the pulp with the back of a spoon to make sure you get as much juice as you can.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Then add the prepared eggs and whisk everything together until it’s combined.
- Turn the burner to medium-high heat and start whisking the mixture (don’t stop stirring!) as you bring it to a gentle simmer. You can add a few drops of food colouring now if you want your curd to take on that classic pink colour.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and keep stirring until the curd is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Once it’s thickened, take the pan off the burner and add the butter in small batches. Make sure the butter is fully incorporated before you add more.
- Strain the curd through a sieve to catch any surprise egg pieces and refrigerate overnight in an airtight container (the curd will continue to thicken in the fridge). Use within 2 weeks.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1-2 tbsp of curd per sitting
Make sure you stir the curd consistently as you heat it up or you may end up making scrambled eggs by accident!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
Keywords: rhubarb curd, lemon rhubarb curd, low FODMAP rhubarb curd