These low FODMAP potato toasties are the ultimate comfort food! Heat up your skillet and dig in!
- 1 russet potato, washed, peeled, and shredded
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lg egg
- Heat your vegetable oil in a medium-sized oven-safe frying pan.
- Pick up half of the shredded potato in your hands and squeeze out any liquid you can over a small bowl. Plop the potato into the pan and pat it down into a small patty (like a piece of bread). Repeat with the remaining potato.
- Cook the hashbrowns over medium heat until they’re browned on the bottom, then flip them over to brown the other side. While the second side is browning, add the cheese and bacon to one hashbrown. Once the second side is crispy, remove the pan from heat and place the naked hashbrown on top of the cheesy one (like a grilled cheese sandwich)
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add your egg to the pan and let it cook sunny-side up.
- Turn on your broiler and melt the cheese (about 3-5 minutes). Then transfer your sandwich to a plate and top with your fried egg. Enjoy!
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 sandwich per sitting
You can totally use half a sweet potato and half russet potato to add a fun pop of flavour! Sweet potato is low FODMAP in servings of 1/2 a cup or 75 g per sitting.