Looking for a delicious dinner idea? This low FODMAP lemon and garlic chicken will light up your night.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 oz lactose-free cream cheese (cut into 1/2″ slices)
- 1/2 cup lactose-free milk
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves (lightly smashed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut through the center of the chicken breast without cutting through. Place one slice of cream cheese in the pocket made in each breast and push the edges of the pocket together to seal. Don’t put more than one ounce of cheese in the pocket or the chicken will be too rich.
- Combine breadcrumbs, basil, oregano, parmesan cheese, and paprika in a small bowl. Place lactose-free milk in a separate bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in the milk and then the breadcrumb mixture. Pat down the crumbs to coat each breast.
- Lightly smash the garlic to increase the surface area. Try to leave the pieces as large as possible so no small bits come loose in the butter. Let them simmer lightly for 3-5 minutes (until you can smell the garlic), then remove the garlic pieces and mix in the lemon juice.
- Place the breaded chicken in a baking dish and drizzle with the butter mixture to cover (you may need to scoop some up from the bottom of the dish with a spoon to cover evenly). Bake until cooked through (about 45 minutes). Serve warm.
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 0
- Calories: 757
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0