Spread a little holiday cheer with this easy low FODMAP eggnog!
- 6 lg eggs, yolks separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups lactose-free whole milk
- 2 cups lactose-free whipping cream, divided
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Warm up the milk and 1 cup of cream in a large saucepan over medium heat until it’s lightly bubling around the edges of the pan.
- While the milk is warming up, whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl until they’re a pale yellow colour.
- Slowly add the warm milk to the eggs, while continuing to whisk. Then return the mixture to the saucepan and warm over medium heat until the eggnog is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in the vanilla and nutmeg.
- (Optional) whip the remaining 1 cup of cream and fold it into the eggnog right before serving.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 3/4 cups per sitting.
Prepared eggnog lasts 2-3 days in the fridge.
For an adult spin, stir in 1/2 a cup of bourbon when you combine the milk and the eggs, then continue with the recipe as written.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: british, american
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 43 g
- Sodium: 68 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Saturated Fat: 19 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 299 mg
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 299 mg
Keywords: eggnog, low FODMAP eggnog, lactose-free eggnog