Looking for a quick and easy lunch idea? These tasty low FODMAP quesadillas will be a family favourite in no time!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup leek – green part only, thinly sliced
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups smoked or rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tortillas
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the red pepper, leeks, and mushrooms to the pan and cook until the veggies are tender. Add the shredded chicken and cook until the chicken is warmed through. Transfer mixture to plate.
- Depending on the size of your frying pan, add 1-2 wraps to your pan. Place a small amount of shredded cheese on half of each wrap. Heap a few spoonfuls of the pepper/chicken mixture on top of the cheese, followed by another small sprinkling of cheese. Then fold your wrap in half.
- When the underside of your tortilla is a golden brown, flip over the wraps to toast the other side. When all the cheese has melted and the wrap is toasty, transfer the quesadilla to a plate and cut into thirds. Repeat with the remaining wraps. Serve warm.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 quesadilla per sitting.
Monash recently updated the low FODMAP serving size for red bell peppers. This recipe has been adjusted to be compliant with their new recommendations.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Method: stovetop, pan fried
- Cuisine: Mexican, Tex Mex
Keywords: Low FODMAP Quesadilla, Low FODMAP Chicken Quesadilla, Low FODMAP Smoked Chicken Quesadilla