This rich and savoury low FODMAP cheese and spinach manicotti will be your next family hit!
- 15 oz lactose-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup leeks – green part only, minced
- 1 lg egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed + squeezed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups low FODMAP marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 low FODMAP manicotti shells
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, leeks, eggs, parsley, spinach, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Then stir in 3/4 cup of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Mix the marinara sauce and water in a small bowl and spread a few spoonfuls over the bottom of a 9 x 13″ baking dish.
- Fill the uncooked manicotti shells with the cheese mixture and place the shells in the baking dish. Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the noodles.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake until the pasta is tender (about 50 minutes). Then sprinkle the manicotti with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted (about 10 – 15 minutes).
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 2 manicotti shells per sitting
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
Keywords: Low FODMAP cheese and spinach manicotti, low FODMAP cheese manicotti, low FODMAP vegetarian manicotti, gluten-free cheese and spinach manicotti, gluten-free cheese manicotti, gluten-free vegetarian manicotti, cheese and spinach manicotti, cheese manicotti, vegetarian manicotti