These low FODMAP shortbread cookies are a great Easter treat. They are simple to make and can be dressed up or down with basic piping and food colouring.
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- food colouring (optional)
- Whisk flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Split the vanilla bean down the center and scrape out the seeds. In a large bowl, beat together butter, vanilla bean seeds, and icing sugar on medium-low until mixture is fluffy. Add egg yolk and combine with beaters.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat on low until all ingredients are combined. Add desired food colouring and combine.
- Place dough in a piping bag with the desired tip (the tip used to make the cookie shown was a 1/2″ closed star tip. Draw whatever shape you want (circles, “s”, flowers, etc.) on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Allow the cookies to set in the freezer until firm (normally 20-30 minutes) and preheat oven to 350 degrees while cookies set.
- Once your cookies are firm, bake for 16-18 minutes – until edges are light gold. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 2 cookies per sitting
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 169
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 48
Keywords: shortbread cookies, low FODMAP shortbread cookies, gluten-free shortbread cookies