Take your brunch to the next level with this simple low FODMAP veggie frittata!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup leeks – green part only, chopped
- 1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, stemmed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 lg eggs
- 1/4 lactose-free cream (10% fat or more)
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 + 1/2 cups Tex-Mex style cheese, shredded
- Moce your oven rack to the top 1/3 of your oven. Preheat your broiler on high – allow it to warm up for at least 5-10 minutes.
- Heat up your olive oil in a large nonstick, oven-safe frying pan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until tender (about 4-6 minutes). Add the peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms and cook for another 4-5 minutes, then add the spinach. Stir until the spinach has just wilted and any water has evaporated. Remove the frying pan from the burner and season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, gently beat the eggs and cream together with a fork. Then add the chives and 1 cup of cheese.
- Place the frying pan back on the burner over medium-low heat. Add the egg mixture to the pan and let it cook undisturbed until the edges are set (about 4 – 5 minutes). Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top of the egg mixture and place the frying pan under the broiler until the cheese has melted (about 2 – 3 minutes). Remove the fritatta from the oven and let it set in the pan for 5 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1/6 of recipe
When broiling, if the cheese has melted before the fritatta has cooked all the way to the centre, turn off the broiler and keep the oven door closed. The frittata will continue to cook in the residual heat in the oven without continuing to brown.
- Category: breakfast, brunch, lunch
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 365 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 327 mg
Keywords: low fodmap frittata, vegetable frittata, lactose-free frittata, easy frittata