Looking for a quick and easy dinner idea? Your whole family will love this low FODMAP tomato basil sauce!
- 3 tbsp low FODMAP garlic infused oil
- 0.5 tsp chilli flakes
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- low FODMAP pasta of choice
- Heat your olive oil in a medium-sized pot. Add your chilli flakes, salt, and pepper and stir for 30 seconds. Then add the tomato puree and sugar. Stir to combine and simmer for 15-20 minutes (until the sauce has thickened).
- Add the fresh basil and simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Spoon pasta directly into the sauce (don’t rinse it!) and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 cup per sitting
Monash recently updated the recommended serving size for tomatoes. This recipe has been updated to accommodate their new recommendations.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: pasta, Pasta Sauce, Tomato Sauce