Start a new family tradition with these epic low FODMAP s’mores cupcakes!
- 1+1/3 cups low FODMAP flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1+1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 lg eggs
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 cup lactose-free milk, 2%
(graham cracker crust)
- 3/4 cup low FODMAP graham crackers, crumbled
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 lg egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- Pop your butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat on medium-high until fluffy (about 4 minutes). Mix in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the butter, mixing on low in between additions.
- Combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter in a separate bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Pop 1 tbsp of graham cracker mix at the bottom of each muffin well and use the bottom of a glass to pack it down. Save the remaining graham crackers for sprinkling! Add 2 tsp of chocolate chips to each well and bake for 5 minutes to set the crust.
- Once the edges of the crust are golden, divide the batter between each muffin well and sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker mixture. Bake for 15 -17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.
- Create a double boiler by bringing a few inches of water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine the egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the bowl of a heatproof stand mixer and place it on top of the pan (make sure it’s not touching the water). Whisk the egg whites in the double boiler until the sugar has dissolved and the egg whites are frothy (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Take the bowl off of the boiler and pop it in your stand mixer (careful it’s hot), and whisk on medium-high until stiff, glossy peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Add the vanilla and continue to mix until it’s incorporated. Then pipe the icing onto your cupcakes using your favourite icing tip. For a real S’Mores feel, use a kitchen torch to toast the icing before serving.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 cupcake per sitting
- Category: baking
- Method: gluten-free
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 52 g
- Sodium: 184 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 70 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg
Keywords: Low FODMAP S'Mores Cupcakes, Gluten-Free S'mores Cupcakes, S'mores Cupcakes