Get fresh with this tasty low FODMAP rhubarb lemonade! Some assembly required!
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 + 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- lots of ice
- 3/4 cup water or soda
- 30 ml gin *optional but highly encouraged!
- Combine the rhubarb, water, sugar, and lemon zest in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and bring the mixture to a low simmer. Keep stirring until all of the sugar has dissolved and the rhubarb has cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the burner and stir in the lemon juice. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a heat-proof bowl or dish. Press down on the solids with a wooden spoon to get all the tasty liquid.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. To serve, fill a glass with ice and serve using three parts water (or low FODMAP soda) to 1 part syrup. If you’re feeling festive, you can also pop in 30 ml of gin.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 cup rhubarb lemonade
Refrigerate any unused syrup in an airtight container for up to 5 days
- Category: drinks, cocktails, summer cocktails
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 20
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Low FODMAP rhubarb lemonade, easy rhubarb lemonade, quick rhubarb lemonade