Give your weeknight dinners a healthy twist with these quick and easy low FODMAP peanut chicken rolls!
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions – green part only, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- hot water
- 12 – 9” rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1+1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sriracha sauce in a small bowl and stir until creamy. Set aside about 1/3 of the sauce in a separate bowl.
- Scrape the rest of the sauce into a serving bowl and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Fill a pie plate with hot water and soak each rice paper wrapper, one at a time, until they’re soft (about 5 – 10 seconds).
- Make a line of cilantro down the centre of each wrapper.
- Mix the quinoa and the reserved peanut butter sauce together and spoon it over the cilantro. Add vegetables and avocado slices. Then top each wrap with 1/4 cup of chicken.
Fold the top and bottom edges of the wrap over the filling and then roll it up. Place each roll on a baking sheet lined with a damp tea towel and cover with a second damp tea towel to make sure they don’t dry it out before serving.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 2 rolls per sitting
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Serving Size: 2 rolls
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 392 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
Keywords: Low FODMAP chicken rolls, Low FODMAP peanut butter chicken rolls, Gluten Free peanut butter rice wraps