Unleash your inner foodie with this rich and savoury low FODMAP mushroom wellington!
- 1 sheet gluten-free puff pastry (thawed overnight)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, minced
- 1/2 cup leeks – green part only, minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary (or sage), minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup goat cheese or meltable vegan cheese (optional)
- 1 egg for wash
- Preheat your oven to 400℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat up your butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the mushrooms, leeks, rosemary, and sea salt. Sauté, stirring often, until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Once the mushroom liquid has simmered off, lower the heat to medium and add the red win, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Continue to cook until the mushroom mixture is as dry as possible. Let the mixture cool for 15 – 20 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooling, roll out the pastry dough into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Once the mushrooms have cooled down, add the cheese (if you’re using it) and plop the mushroom mixture in a line down the center of the rectangle. Fold the long edges over the mushroom mixture and pat the seem down with your finger. Then very gently flip the wellington over and place it in the center of your prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, gently whisk your egg and brush it generously over the pastry dough. Then score the surface of the pastry using a sharp knife or a clean razor with a simple slash or a decorative pattern if you’re feeling fancy (this will let the steam out). Bake your wellington for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastry is a deep golden brown (you might have to turn the pan at the halfway mark if one side is browning more than the other).
- Let your mushroom wellington cool for 10 minutes, then slice into 12 pieces and serve.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 2 slices of wellington per sitting.
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 491 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 35 mg
Keywords: low FODMAP mushroom wellington, low FODMAP vegetable wellington, low FODMAP vegetarian wellington, gluten-free mushroom wellington