Your whole family will love these easy low FODMAP monte cristo sandwiches!
- 1 lg egg
- 2 tbsp lactose-free milk
- 2 slices spelt sourdough bread
- 1/2 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 slice swiss cheese, halved
- 2 slices ham
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place one slice of bread on a cutting board and top evenly with mustard. Layer with 1 half of the cheese slice and the ham. Top with the remaining cheese and the other slice of bread.
- Combine the milk and eggs in a small bowl and dip the sandwich into the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the sandwich until it’s golden brown on either side (3 to 5).
- Pop your sandwich on the prepared baking pan and bake until the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes). Serve warm.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 sandwich per sitting.
- Category: Lunch
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 528
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 947 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 289 mg
Keywords: Low FODMAP Monte Cristo Sandwich, Gluten-Free Monte Cristo Sandwich