Looking for a quick and easy side dish for the holiday season? These make-ahead mashed potatoes will be your new best friend!
- 3 lbs Yukon potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 + 1/2 cups low FODMAP chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lactose-free milk – 2%
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 + 1/2 white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 + 1/2 cup kale, stems removed and chopped
- Combine the diced potatoes and chicken broth in a 6 qt slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 6 – 7 hours.
- Add the milk, butter, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker and mash the potatoes until smooth. Then add the cheese and kale, and stir until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Recommended low FODMAP serving size – 1/3 cup per sitting.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 411
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 50
Keywords: mashed potatoes, slow cooker mashed potatoes, holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, make-ahead mashed potatoes