Add a fresh pop of flavour to your weeknight routine with this easy low FODMAP fajita salad!
- 450g flank steak (3/4″ thick)
- 5 tsp low FODMAP steak spice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup broccoli – heads only, chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Move your oven racks to the center and top positions in your oven. Preheat your oven to 450℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the steak spice, chilli powder, and cumin in a small bowl. Divide the spices in half. Sprinkle one half on your steak and set it aside.
- Place your vegetables in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle them with oil and sprinkle them with the remaining spices. Bake the vegetables on the center rack for 30 minutes (shaking the tray 2-3 times to prevent sticking).
- Once the vegetables are cooked, preheat your broiler for 5-10 minutes.
- Line a second tray with parchment paper. Place your prepared steak on the tray and broil on the top rack, flipping once, until the steak is medium-rare (about 6-8 minutes).
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the spinach, roasted vegetables, and sliced avocado, and feta between each plate. Once your steak has rested, thinly slice the steak against the grain and top each of your salads. Serve warm.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 1 fajita bowl per serving
To keep your serving low FODMAP, stick to 1/8 of an avocado per sitting
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: broiler
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 614 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 69 mg
Keywords: low FODMAP steak fajita bowl, fajita bowl,