These fresh and simple low FODMAP crunchy fish tacos are the perfect way to shake up your weeknight routine! Made with a few simple ingredients, they’ll be a family favourite in no time!
- 2 tbsp low FODMAP flour
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lg egg, lightly beaten
- 1 + 1/2 cups gluten-free corn flakes, crushed
- 1 lb tilapia fillets (or haddock)
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 brown rice wraps
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 common tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup lactose-free sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and add freshly ground pepper to taste. Pat the filets dry with a paper towel and dredge it in the flour, then dip the fish into the egg, followed by the crushed corn flakes.
- Transfer the filets to your prepared baking sheet and drizzle each fish with vegetable oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes (or until the fat is bubbling out of the corners and the fish is cooked through).
- Meanwhile, mix together the coleslaw mix, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Warm up your tortillas according to the package directions.
- Once the fish is cooked, break it apart and divide it between each tortilla. Top with the coleslaw mix, tomatoes, avocados, and sour cream.
Recommended low FODMAP serving – 2 tacos
30 g (~ 1/8) avocado per sitting is low FODMAP
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Low FODMAP Crunchy Fish Tacos, Low FODMAP Fish Tacos, Gluten-Free Fish Tacos, Tilapia Fish Tacos