Craving a fall classic? This easy chicken pot pie will keep your insides nice and toasty!
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- sprinkle of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup leeks – green part only, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tbsp low FODMAP all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup low FODMAP chicken stock
- 1/2 cup lactose-free heavy cream
- 1/2 cup frozen carrot pieces
- 2 tbsp frozen peas
- 2 tbsp green onions – green part only, chopped
- Splash fresh lemon juice
- 4 low FODMAP buns for serving *optional
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken to they frying pan and cook until each side of the chicken is browned (about 2 minutes per side). Set the chicken aside.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan along with the mushrooms and leeks. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes, then add the tyme and flour and stir to coat evenly (about 1 minute)
- Stir in the broth and the cream, then bring the mixture to a low simmer. Add the peas, carrots, and chicken (plus any chicken juices) to the frying pan and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the green onions and stir until they’ve just wilted. Then stir in a small squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cut a well into 4 low FODMAP buns and ladel 1 cup of chicken pot pie filling into each bun. Serve immediately.
Recommended low FODMAP serving size – 1 chicken pot pie
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 77
- Fat: 20
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 22
- Cholesterol: 92
Keywords: Chicken Pot Pie, Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie, Stovetop Chicken Pot Pie, Easy Chicken Pot Pie